Diane J. Wright is a founding partner with Jeff Renfroe in MilkBoss Industries, a story womb where great entertainment is born.
Story Editor • Feature Films
- “When Falcons Fly.” Screenwriter/Director Marteinn Thorsson. Buffalo Gal Pictures & Peagus Pictures. 2011.
- “Rum & Ritalin.” Dream Chaser Productions Inc. 2010.
- “Afterlands.” Screenwriter/Director Pall Grimsson. 2010. Awarded development funding by Telefilm Canada.
- “Green.” Sylvain Lavigne, Screenwriter. 2009.
- “Yugo Girl.” Pat Branch, Screenwriter. 2009.
- “Right of Way.” The LA Observed Script Project. Eric Estrin, Editor. 2008.
- “Drain You.” Sara St. Onge, Director. 2008.
- “The Minor Apocalypse of Alma Bell. ” Susan Taylor Chehak, Novelist. 2008.
- “Diary of a Superhero.” Karl Dunn, Screenwriter. 2008.
- “I, Dracula.” Marteinn Thorsson, Director. 2008.
- “Falfurious.” confidential, Screenwriter. 2007.
- “One Point O.” Jeff Renfroe, Director. 2004.
- Various with Katapult Film Sales. 2004.
- Dreamworks SKG. 2002.
- “Rufus Strangeboy.” Jeff Renfroe, Writer/Director. 1999.
Story Editor • Television
- “Damaged Goods.” Sara St. Onge & Rebecca Addelman, Screenwriters. 2009.
- “Ooh La La.” CITYTV. 1997.
- “Daddy’s Little Girl.” Lifetime Television Networks. 2006.
Long-Form Development Assistant: Alliance Atlantis. For Christine Shipton and Noreen Halpern. 1997.
Screenwriter • Feature Films
- Science-Fiction feature-film (as ghostwriter). Released Spring 2013. Funded by Telefilm Canada.
- “Under the Bridge.” Co-written with director Jeff Renfroe. Awarded two rounds of development funding by Telefilm Canada in 2008 & 2009 under the Writer’s First Program.
- “Witchville.” A medieval action film co-written with Jeff Renfroe. 2009. A SyFy Channel production. Aired 2010.
- “Stray Toasters.” A psychological thriller based upon the award-winning graphic novel by Bill Sienkiewicz. Co-written with director Jeff Renfroe. 2008. Currently in development.
Screenwriter • Television
- “Diary of a Superhero”. In development. 2013
Writer • Treatments, Pilots, and Pitches
- MilkBoss Industries, Feature Films & Series, Santa Monica, Vancouver, Toronto, 2001-present.
- Director Ramaa Mosley, Commercials, Venice CA, 2010.
- Director Takumi, Commercials, Tokyo, JP, 2010.
- Director Ericson Core, Commercials, Venice, CA, 2008 to 2009.
- Director Chase Strickland, Los Angeles, CA, 2009.
- Director Kevin Smith, Commercials, Los Angeles, CA, 2009.
- Director Robin Miller, Commercials, Los Angeles, CA, 2009.
- Director Rob Pritts, Los Angeles, CA, 2009.
- Director Tom Routson, Los Angeles, CA, 2009.
- Director John Immesoete, Commercials, Los Angeles, CA, 2008.
- Director Kai Sehr, “Skateistan,” Feature Documentary, Santa Monica, CA, 2008.
- Producer Kris Mathur, “Blinded by Science,” television series bible, Venice, CA, 2008.
- Director Lisa Mann, Commercials, Toronto, ON, 2002.
- Palliser Media, Interstitial Series, Toronto, ON, 1998.
- Founder & Managing Editor: The Story Spot, a resource for screenwriters and story editors. http://the-story-spot.com
- Contest Judge, The National Student Film Association (NSFA) Screenwriting Competition, 2010.
- Contest Judge, Carl Sautter Memorial Scriptwriting Competition, 2003.